County Administrator/PSA General Manager
The County Administrator/PSA General Manager is the administrative head of the local government. He or she is responsible to the appropriate governing body for the proper management of all of the affairs which the governing bodies have authority to control.
These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Seeing that all ordinances, resolutions, directives and orders of the governing body and all laws of the Commonwealth required to be enforced through the governing body are faithfully executed
- Reporting to the governing body as required or deemed advisable upon the affairs of the locality under the position’s control and supervision;
- Receiving reports from, and giving directions to, all heads of offices, departments and boards of the locality under the position’s control and supervision
- Submitting to the governing body a proposed annual budget, in accordance with general law, with recommendations, and executing the budget as finally adopted by the governing body
- Keeping the governing body fully advised on the locality’s financial condition and its future financial needs
- Performing such other duties as may be prescribed by the governing body
Tim Hall was named County Administrator and PSA General Manager on August 20, 2012. Mr. Hall is a 1977 graduate of Martinsville High School and received his undergraduate degree from James Madison University in 1981. He received his MBA from Averett University in 2007. He is a 2008 graduate of the Senior Executive Institute of the University of Virginia and a 2009 graduate of the LEAD Virginia program.
Address: P.O. Box 7, Collinsville, VA 24078
Telephone: (276) 634-4601
Fax: (276) 634-4781