Fire Prevention Permit
Fire Prevention permits can be obtained through the Department of Public Safety and must be approved by the Henry County Fire Marshal. A fire prevention permit is required for the following:
- Fire Protection Systems
- Fumigation and Thermal Insecticidal Fogging
- Explosives, Ammunition, and Blasting Agents
- Fire Works
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Hazardous Materials and Chemicals
- Liquefied Petroleum Gases
When applying for a Fire Prevention permit, the following must be submitted to the Fire Marshal:
- The contractor's name, licenses, and telephone number
- Owner's name, address, and telephone number
- Location of were the work will be performed
- A point of contact for the project
- A description of the work to be performed
- If the project involves new construction, there may be additional requirements as mandated by the building inspection department.
It is highly recommended that potential applicants contact the Fire Marshal's Office prior to starting the project to ensure appropriate steps are taken in order to get the permit.
Any removal or closure in place of an underground storage tank (UST) may require approval by the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality. They can be reached by calling (540) 562-6700.
After a permit has been issued, there may be inspections that need to be scheduled throughout the process in order to obtain final approval.