CARES Act Grant Program
The Henry County CARES Act Small Business Grant Program is designed to assist Henry County businesses to work through issues created by the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact.
- Must be a business located in Henry County, Virginia with a County business license
- Employ 30 or fewer full-time employees in Henry County
- Business must be current on all County taxes
- Only one grant request per business allowed
- Must have experienced a direct impact from COVID-19
- Must be a corporation, sole proprietorship, or self-employed individuals that are recognized business entities
- Any entity that’s already received CARES Act funds from any other grant program will only receive this grant after all other applications are considered
- Grants limited to:
- 1-10 full-time employees – maximum of $2,500
- 11-30 full-time employees – maximum of $5,000
Use of Grant Funds (all expenses must be COVID-19 related):
- Marketing plan development & execution; The project can also be used to purchase marketing activities such as advertisements in print, digital or radio/TV
- E-Commerce activities including point of purchase software and other necessary software or web services subscriptions
- Website development and web updates
- Technology purchased and associated with any of the expenditures mentioned above
- Rent and utilities
- Enhancement to the business’ physical structure – i.e., Plexiglas separations, outdoor seating for restaurants, etc.
- Replacement of spoiled products (such as food)
- Legal (with the exemption of filings for bankruptcies)
- Any other conditions of eligibility and use of grant funds as directed by the committee formed by the Board of Supervisors
- Applicants must provide a dollar amount of COVID-19 loss in their business as of the day of the application and certify the claimed loss is based upon COVID-19 and that the goods/services of the grant program will assist the business to continue as a viable business and to continue servicing the citizens of Henry County.
- If the applicant is found to have provided fraudulent information in the application and an ensuing grant is made that the funds will be reclaimed and prosecution may be used as a remedy of the County as needed.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel including but not limited to: County Administrator, Deputy County Administrator, County Director of Finance, County Deputy Director of Finance, and a representative of the Martinsville-Henry County Economic Development Corporation
- The Committee reserves the right to request additional documentation it deems necessary from an applicant.
Please choose one of the following links to complete the grant application:
Henry County CARES Act Grant Program (Online Application)
Henry County CARES Act Grant Program (Print & e-Mail)