CARES Act Grant Program
The HC Cares Grant has expired.
The Henry County CARES Act Small Business Grant Program is designed to assist Henry County businesses to work through issues created by the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact. (Program ends on 8/31/2020).
- Must be a business located in Henry County, Virginia with a County business license
- Employ 30 or fewer full-time employees in Henry County
- Business must be current on all County taxes
- Only one grant request per business allowed
- Must have experienced a direct impact from COVID-19
- Must be a corporation, sole proprietorship, or self-employed individuals that are recognized business entities
- Any entity that’s already received CARES Act funds from any other grant program will only receive this grant after all other applications are considered
- Grants limited to:
- 1-10 full-time employees – maximum of $2,500
- 11-30 full-time employees – maximum of $5,000
Use of Grant Funds (all expenses must be COVID-19 related):
- Marketing plan development & execution; The project can also be used to purchase marketing activities such as advertisements in print, digital or radio/TV
- E-Commerce activities including point of purchase software and other necessary software or web services subscriptions
- Website development and web updates
- Technology purchased and associated with any of the expenditures mentioned above
- Rent and utilities
- Enhancement to the business’ physical structure – i.e., Plexiglas separations, outdoor seating for restaurants, etc.
- Replacement of spoiled products (such as food)
- Legal (with the exemption of filings for bankruptcies)
- Any other conditions of eligibility and use of grant funds as directed by the committee formed by the Board of Supervisors
- Applicants must provide a dollar amount of COVID-19 loss in their business as of the day of the application and certify the claimed loss is based upon COVID-19 and that the goods/services of the grant program will assist the business to continue as a viable business and to continue servicing the citizens of Henry County.
- If the applicant is found to have provided fraudulent information in the application and an ensuing grant is made that the funds will be reclaimed and prosecution may be used as a remedy of the County as needed.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel including but not limited to: County Administrator, Deputy County Administrator, County Director of Finance, County Deputy Director of Finance, and a representative of the Martinsville-Henry County Economic Development Corporation
- The Committee reserves the right to request additional documentation it deems necessary from an applicant.
Please choose one of the following links to complete the grant application:
Henry County CARES Act Grant Program (Online Application)
Henry County CARES Act Grant Program (Print & Email)