Concealed Handgun Permit
Instructions for New & Renewal of Concealed Handgun Permits
*Concealed Permits are sealed. We are not allowed to give out any information concerning your permit or application over the phone. Processing can take up to 45 days*
1. Fill out the State Police's Concealed Handgun Application with no abbreviations.
- For new applicants, make a copy of your photo ID and proof of handgun competency
- You must provide proof of competency with a handgun for initial permits. Please refer to the State Police Website for a list of acceptable documents. (i.e Handgun Safety Course Certificate, Hunter Safety Certificate, Military ID or Military Discharge Papers)
- For renewals, make a copy of your photo ID and current concealed handgun permit
2. Mail the application to the Henry County Circuit Clerk's Office at the Henry County Courthouse located at 3160 King's Mountain Road, Suite B, Martinsville Va with payment of $35.00
3. The Clerk's Office will submit the completed application to the Sheriff's Office for a Criminal Background Check.
4. Once the Sheriff has completed the Criminal Background Check the Judge will sign an order approving or denying the permit.
- If your permit is approved, the Clerk's Office will prepare your permit.
- If your permit is denied, you are entitled to an ore tenus hearing within 21 days.
Processing can take up to 45 days.
Reciprocity and Recognition
Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Map
ADDITIONAL FORMS *Please mail your completed form, a copy of Permit (if available) and your ID along with payment to Henry Co. Circuit Court 3160 Kings Mountain Rd., Ste. B, Martinsville VA 24112