The Martinsville-Henry County Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) is made up of representatives from County of Henry, City of Martinsville, and the Town of Ridgeway.
The purposes of the Committee are:
1. The development of a hazardous materials emergency plan in accordance with U.S. Code Title 42, Section 11003 and the subsequent review, updating, and exercising of the plan.
2. Receipt and storage of emergency notifications of hazardous materials releases in accordance with U.S. Code Title 42, Sections 11002 (c) and 11003 (d).
3. Receipt and storage of safety data sheets, list of such chemicals, or other such materials as the committee accepts as well as hazardous material inventories.
4. Provision of information to the public in accordance with U.S. Code Title 42, Section 11044.
5. Any additions, amendments, or modifications to the above and any additional duties resulting from related laws or regulations.
The Committee will only execute its mission within its designated emergency planning district, which encompasses the County of Henry, City of Martinsville, and Town of Ridgeway.
Hazardous Materials Incident Plan
LEPC Contact Information
Martinsville – Henry County LEPC
1024 Dupont Road,
Martinsville, VA 24112
Phone: (276) 634-4660
Fax: (276) 634-4770
E-mail: Click Here