Documents & Links
The following documents and links are related to reversion and come from numerous sources, such as Virginia Legislation, the Code of Virginia, the City of Martinsville, and consultants. We hope that you find each one useful in learning more about this complex issue. A hyperlinked index of all reversion related documents is also available.
Procedures and Timelines
- Reversion of a City to Town Status, Chapter 41, Title 15.2 of Virginia Law
- Overview and Procedure for City to Town Reversion
Things to Consider
Alternatives to Reversion
Alternatives to Annexation
Facts and Figures
- Henry County's Overview and Financial Analysis of Martinsville Reversion Presentation
- Printable Brochure about Reversion and its Impact on Henry County
Presentations by the City
- Martinsville Town Status Presentation
- Prospective Financial Impact Evaluation
- Feasibility for Consolidating Schools Study
- Tax Impact on Residents and Businesses
Responses to the City's request to discuss Reversion.
- Correspondence March 2017
- Correspondence December 2019
- Correspondence March 2020
- Correspondence May 2020
- Correspondence July 2020
A former County Administrator wrote the attached academic paper to detail the reversion process. It includes a pair of case studies for localities that have undertaken the reversion process, giving retrospect from both City/town and County perspectives.